Call for Teaching Cases/2018 Conference in RI
Please consider the following invitation/Call for Teaching Cases for the 42nd annual CASE Association conference in Providence, RI (May 2-5, 2018) in partnership with EAM.
The CASE Association welcomes case writers from all disciplines and experience levels! CASE promotes the professional development of case writers. Join us at our workshops focusing on case writing, reviewing, teaching, and publishing. Case topics can include:
Management, Strategy, Organizational Behavior/Development Human Resources, Business Ethics, Operations, Project Management, Accounting, Finance, Hospitality and Tourism, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Others.
Submission Deadline is January 15, 2018
CASE invites you to submit:
- Embryo cases: A one-page outline of a case idea including a list of developmental issues for which the author seeks guidance (limit of one embryo submission per author).
- Cases without an Instructor’s Manual: Cases in development, authors will be assisted in preparing the teaching
- Cases with an Instructor’s Manual: Case and Instructor’s Manual sufficiently developed to facilitate constructive criticism in preparation for submission for
- Compact Cases (3-5 pages in length): Provide a focused exploration of a real event, issue, or incident in a real A full Instructor’s Manual must be included.
What CASE Association offers:
- Blind, peer review process. At the conference, experienced case writers provide specific, developmental feedback, in a roundtable format. Format instructions for submissions are provided on the CASE website. Cases MUST be submitted through the EAM website (https://eamconference.org) starting November, 2017.
- Awards: Cases with an instructor’s manual are eligible for:
- Best “New” Case (for first time submitters) award
- Best Overall Case award
- Best Project Management -based Case award sponsored by Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Professional Development Workshop (preconference workshop –additional fees might apply): Facilitated 8-hour training session related to writing, research, or teaching with cases.
Visit our new web site at www.caseweb.org for complete details on our conference, our new Case Writing Certification program (www.caseweb.org/certification) and link to our journal.
To download a complete flyer go to https://www.caseweb.org/meetings-news/ . Please feel free to contact me for more information about the Call for Teaching Cases.
VP for Programs
Leave a Reply